Getting started with BioIdentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) healing begins with gathering a lot of information. Once all of that information has been compiled, your care plan can be prescribed. Because of this, your initial BHRT consultation will be done in two (or more) parts.
Prior to Your First Visit
Before your first doctor consultation we ask that you fill out our Medical History Form and submit copies of any laboratory tests and diagnostics from your other medical providers. We require that you complete and submit both the intake form and prior test results to us no later than 3 days prior to your initial scheduled appointment. If you are unable to submit this information to us within the requested time frame we will reschedule your appointment to a later date.
Once you have your initial appointment scheduled, it’s time to get to work! All of the information you share with us about your health provides your Senara Doctor with the tools he or she needs begin your road to wellness.
Please complete each of these steps at least 3-days prior to your scheduled appointment. We may ask to reschedule your initial consultation to a later date if we do not receive these items within that timeframe.
- Obtain copies of your medical records and test results and have them sent to us. You may drop your records off to us at our office, or your physician can send your records to us one of two ways:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Attn: Dr Keith Kramer, 2208 W Willow Knolls Rd, Peoria, IL 61614
- Complete all Intake and Consent forms, as listed below. You may download them or print them and then e-mail or mail the completed forms to us. Whichever is more convenient for you.
Your First Senara Functional Medicine and Anti-Aging Consultation
During your first consultation at the Senara Anti-Aging Center, you will initially meet with Dr Kramer. You may also meet our nutrition coach and other staff physicians. We will perform a series of assessments, labs, and review and update your medical history. These findings will help us better understand your chronic health conditions and help us establish a baseline for your treatment.
We will perform the follow tests and measures during this visit:
- Meet with Dr Kramer and other health professionals
- Review your health history and gather additional health information
- Conduct a physical examination and assessment
- Prescribe custom lab work, including urine, saliva, or stool testing, per Dr Kramer’s assessment
- Schedule a follow-up appointment to discuss your testing and lab results, and a plan of care
For more detailed information, please read our Office Policies and FAQs
This visit will take approximately 1-2 hours to complete. Please do not eat or drink anything (other than plenty of water!) after 10 p.m. on the evening prior to your lab work, or at least 8 hours prior for afternoon appointments. Though do continue to take prescription medications as indicated.
Follow-Up Consultation and Treatment Plan
In follow-up visits, our doctors spend significant time discussing your results with you. For example, it is relatively simple to inform a patient that her mammogram is negative; but it is entirely different to discuss the results of more complex functional evaluations and to recommend practical lifestyle and dietary strategies that may help to prevent breast cancer.
At your follow-up appointment we will go over your test results and detailed treatment plan. Your treatment plan will be customized for you, with the goal of treating any applicable health conditions and concerns.
What to Expect at Your Follow-Up Consultation
- We will review your health and diet history
- We will discuss results of your physical exams, lab draws, and other diagnostics
- We will present you with your program recommendations and go over them in detail with you
- You will be given supplements and/or prescriptions that your doctor recommends for your plan
- You will schedule a follow-up appointments, classes, labs, etc.
- You will participate in a 30 minute One-on-One Health Coaching Session
Your first two visits, and any subsequent health coaching sessions, are meant to be performed in environments with minimal distractions. As such, we cannot allow children to be present for these visits. Only patients and their legal guardians/significant others are permitted during these appointments. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience.