Your Initial CoolSculpting Consultation
Getting started with CoolSculpting is easy! For your initial consultation we ask that you please arrive 15 minutes early for check-in if you have not already completed our online intake form. If you have already submitted your intake form, simply arrive a few moments prior to your scheduled consultation time to check-in at the front desk.
At your initial CoolSculpting Consultation, your Senara technician will review your goals, a brief health history to ensure the procedure is safe for you, and perform an assessment of potential treatment areas. The technician will also explain how the CoolSculpting procedure works, and address any questions you may have prior to deciding on your treatment plan.
No need to wear anything special for your initial consultation. The entire appointment should take approximately 30 minutes.
CoolSculpting Treatment Appointment
On your CoolSculpting treatment day we have a few recommendations to help you make the most of your appointment.
- Wear comfortable clothes you can relax in.
- Wear your favorite underwear! To track your results, we will take “before” photos just prior to your treatment. For best results, you’ll want to wear the same underwear at your follow-up appointments as well. This will allow you to see the changes in your shape more clearly and objectively.
- Feel free to bring a book, tablet device, or other quiet activity to do while you relax during your treatment. Complimentary wi-fi is available. And the remote is yours to control with our in suite TV!
You’ll also have the option of adding a mini-spa treatment or spa lunch during your CoolSculpting service time! To view options, download the forms below and then contact our front desk to order. Call 309.285.8979, or e-mail email@example.com. We request that all add-ons be ordered at least 7-days in advance.
What to expect after the CoolSculpting procedure
- Typically, there is minimal discomfort and recovery time after the CoolSculpting procedure. Most patients are able to return to their daily routine immediately after the procedure.
- The treated area may be red for up to a few hours after the applicator is removed.
- Many patients have minimal discomfort following the procedure, however you may experience one or more of the following sensations: deep itching, tingling, numbness, tenderness to the touch, pain in the treated area, strong cramping, nausea, bloating, diarrhea, muscle spasms, aching and/or soreness. Consult your doctor if these conditions persist beyond two weeks or worsen over time.
- Following the procedure, a gradual reduction in the thickness of the fat layer will take place. You may start to see changes as early as three weeks after the CoolSculpting procedure and you will experience the most dramatic results after two to three months. Your body will continue naturally to process the injured fat cells from your body for approximately four months after your procedure.
- In rare cases, patients have reported darker skin color, hardness, discrete nodules, freeze burn, enlargement of the treated area, hernia or worsening of existing hernia following the CoolSculpting procedure. Surgical intervention may be required to correct the enlargement or hernia.
- Weight gain will prevent you from appreciating your full results. Maintaining a healthy diet and exercise routine after your procedure can help prevent this.
- Schedule a follow-up medical assessment to review your clinical results and discuss the option of additional
treatments to achieve desired fat reduction.
Please call us at 309.285.8979 if your symptoms appear to worsen or last longer than two weeks.