The Peoria metro area is blessed with nearby farms that make it easier to find healthy foods, and you can buy directly from the farmers. Area businesses also offer healthy choices. Here are a few places we suggest you grocery shop.
- Good Earth Food Alliance is a local CSA cooperative that brings farmers from the central Illinois area together to provide you with fresh, locally grown produce all year long.
- Metro Centre Farmer’s Market
- Peoria Riverfront Market
- Pottstown Meat and Deli carries a wide variety of locally sourced meats that are raised not only free-range, but hormone-free as well. You can read about their Locally Raised, Grass Fed Beef or about their Free Range Chickens.
- Naturally Yours Organic Grocery
- Apple’s Bakery and Gluten Free Kitchen