Don’t let the holiday stress ruin your winter. Instead, cope with that holiday stress by treating yourself to a massage therapy or facial!
If you’re ready to get rid of your stress — and start enjoying the holidays — find the perfect massage treatment or facial at Senara Health and Healing Center & Spa in Peoria and schedule your appointment today! If you know you want an appointment around the holidays, make sure you get it scheduled before our appointments fill up! We recommend booking 2–4 weeks in advance during the holiday season.
Benefits of Massage Therapy
Part of our eight-step beauty regimen includes scheduling yourself a massage. When we get stressed, our body carries a lot of that stress. That’s what makes a massage appointment so important for releasing that stress. And during the holidays, we can expect some extra stress — especially if you have to host the in-laws or extended family this year!
We know that you might not need an excuse to get a massage (does anyone, really??), but learn more about the health benefits you can get!
Stress reduction is an obvious benefit and makes a massage around the holidays that much more important. You might be planning to host your out-of-town relatives over the holidays, or maybe your job has ramped-up to meet consumer holiday demands. Whatever it is that is causing your stress, feel it leave your muscles and body when you come in for your massage.
While massage cannot solve all pain problems, it is a great way to find relief and relax your muscles. If you have a certain area you want your massage therapist to focus on, just talk about that before your massage begins. Then, your therapist can help to loosen and relax some of the muscles that are responsible for your pain.
Massage therapy can also help with conditions like:
- Digestive disorders
- Soft tissue strains or injuries
- Joint pain
Any massage therapy appointment will focus on kneading different areas of your body, encouraging circulation to those limbs and areas. The hands-on pressure from a massage will also move blood through your body, further improving your circulation.
Strengthen Your Immune System
You read that right. It might sound weird, but massage therapy can actually give your immune system a boost. This is because stress and tension can impact your immune system, reducing your body’s natural ability to fight infections, bacteria, and pathogens. When you work to reduce and eliminate that stress, your immune system is able to strengthen and boost your cytotoxic capacity (the activity level of your body’s natural “killer cells”). Pretty neat, right?!
While there are plenty of health-related reasons to schedule a massage therapy appointment, massages are also relaxing. Sometimes we need to treat ourselves to a day at the spa — especially around the busy holiday season. So a massage appointment will give you numerous health benefits while also allowing you some time to just escape from reality for an hour or two. That’s self-care at it’s finest!.
So, if you feel like you need any of the benefits we’ve listed above, schedule your massage therapy appointment to give yourself a mini vacation. You deserve it!
Massage Therapy Options
Senara Health and Healing Center & Spa has you covered when it comes to massage therapy.
- Swedish Massage. This gentle form of massage uses elements like vibration, tapping, and deep circular movements to help soothe your muscles and soften your skin. This is a great choice if you’re looking for deep relaxation.
- Deep Tissue Massage. This type of massage uses slower, more forceful strokes, targeting the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue. This is a great type of massage to help with muscle damage or injuries and to help you regain balance.
- Anti-Stress Aromatherapy. Don’t let the holiday stress get to you! Instead, our Anti-Stress Aromatherapy balance your mind, body, and spirit in a tranquil space.
- Hot Ocean Stone. In Peoria, Illinois, we can promise you an ocean-side massage experience. But our Hot Ocean Stone massage gives you the deep, warm relief you deserve! This is perfect to help you alleviate any tension and stress.
- Muscle Mender. We talked about the pain relieving benefits of massage therapy. Our muscle mender massage is meant to target stress and help soothe your tired or overworked muscles.
- Mermaid Wave. This gently flowing massage includes a warm ocean stone neck and foot massage, couples with long flowing strokes to leave you blissfully relaxed.
- Our Packages. If you’re looking for more than just a massage, take a look at our spa packages. At Senara Health and Healing Center & Spa, we offer a wide selection of packages, including our Senara Signature and Mini-Escape packages.
- And more!
Like with massage therapy, you can get similar health benefits when you schedule a facial. This includes:
- Reducing stress (facials are surprisingly relaxing!)
- Prevents aging and improves the health of your skin
- Treating acne, whiteheads, blackheads, and other blemishes
- Cleanses and exfoliates your skin
That’s why we offer a wide selection of facials at Senara Health and Healing Center & Spa. Read through some of our facials to find one that’s perfect for eliminating that holiday stress.
Senara Signature Facial
Our signature facial is a great way to replenish your skin that will leave your skin glowing. You can also take advantage of our anti-aging serums that include vitamins, peptides, and antioxidants that will improve the tone and texture of your skin.
Our age-minimizing facial will help repair and protect your skin using different serums and our vitamin C masque that rehydrates and tightens your skin.
Find something that will leave you feeling relaxed and pampered. Our Express facial is 25 minutes long and will give your face a quick life and a brighter look in a short amount of time.
When we say body treatments, think scrubs and wraps. We’ve found that these body treatments are great for detoxifying, slimming, toning, or rehydrating your skin. When your body is stressed, it can start to affect the health and strength of your body and skin. That’s where our body treatments come in. Read through some of our offerings, and find the best treatment for keeping your skin ready for the holidays!
- Himalayan Salt Detox Wrap. Himalayan sea salt is rich in minerals, making it a perfect exfoliant for your skin. Using this salt, we can rid your pores of dead skin cells and toxins, leaving you with smoother, softer skin.
- Herbal Detox Wrap. Purify your mind and body with our herbal detox wrap. Our aromatic herbal poultices are applied to your body, followed by our age-defying body balm. We’ve designed this wrap to help remove toxins from your skin with fragrant, soothing herbs that will help reduce stress and soothe your immune system. Come experience it today!
- Express Detox Scrub. Like with our Express facial, this detox scrub will give you glowing results in just 25 minutes. Our scrub will help exfoliate and smooth your skin.
Choose Senara for the Holidays
Don’t avoid or ignore your stress over the holidays. Instead, cope with a little massage therapy and don’t forget about your facial and other body treatments. Make sure you schedule your appointments in Peoria before the holidays are over — our appointments fill up early in the season!