A Breakthrough in Laser Hair Removal for all Skin Types – Now at Senara!
Results. Comfort. Speed.
Senara is proud to offer a new laser hair removal experience, unlike any other laser treatment available! Painless, fast, and safe for a wider range of skin types, our new Cartessa Motus AY is a game changer for permanent laser hair reduction.
- Faster Hair Removal
- Fewer Treatments compared to typical laser hair removal
- Treat Light & Dark Skin-types
- More Comfortable Treatments
- Vascular and Pigment Treatment Options
Laser Hair Removal with the Motus AY
Laser hair removal is one of the most common cosmetic laser procedures. In general, devices for hair removal beam highly concentrated light into hair follicles. Pigment in the follicles absorb the light which then destroys the hair. The most efficacious laser for hair removal (particularly fine and light hair) has historically been the Alexandrite laser. However, limitations when treating darker skin types kept it from being the universal choice for providers and many patients have had to settle for less efficacious laser hair removal options. Until now.
The Motus AY is the first, high-speed Alexandrite laser that makes it possible for even darker skin types to benefit from the effectiveness of this laser type.
This breakthrough is possible because of Moveo technology – a handpiece that delivers fast, more efficient energy to destroy the hair in a way that is painless and free from side-effects.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a Motus AY treatment right for me?
One of the breakthrough benefits of the Motus AY is that it is safe and effective for light to dark skin types. Whether you have fine, light hair or a darker skin tone, the Motus AY can be used to target and permanently remove unwanted hair. The Motus AY may also be used with tanned skin however, it is always recommended that you talk with your physician about your specific skin conditions before treatment.
What makes Motus AY different from other lasers for hair removal?
The three main differences between the Motus AY and other technologies for laser hair removal are:
1) Total comfort
2) Speed and effectiveness of the treatment and
3) Use across skin-types.
The Motus AY eliminates the trade-offs that come with other laser hair removal options. For instance, an NdYAG laser can be used across skin types but is less effective. Other technologies are highly effective but treatments are difficult to tolerate.
Will my treatment hurt?
One of the major benefits of the Motus AY, is that the Moveo technology eliminates the discomfort of typical laser hair removal. Most people only feel a warming sensation making the experience a highly comfortable one.
How long will my treatment take?
Treatment length will vary depending on the area being treated. The Motus AY is relatively fast and able to complete a large area in under 5 minutes.
How many sessions will I need?
The number of sessions required to eliminate hair completely depends on the individual. A typical laser hair removal regimen is 5-6 sessions spaced one month apart and then maintenance treatments as needed. Given the efficacy of the Motus AY, you may need fewer sessions and could go longer before needing a touch-up treatment.
For best results, monthly appointments – spaced 4-6 weeks apart – for a minimum of 4-6 sessions is recommended, followed by quarterly or biannually maintenance sessions, thereafter. Your treatment plan and results may vary based on your hair type and growth patterns.
When can I expect to see results?
Hair growth is reduced after each treatment. The number of treatments required will be based on your hair color, hair type, body area and skin tone.
Laser Hair Removal Service Menu
Achieve long-term hair removal with Senara’s Laser Hair Removal treatments.
Laser Hair Removal Treatment Menu
Package of 6
|Back of Neck||$120||$648|
|Beard Clean Up||$240||$1296|
Before and After Results
Laser Hair Removal Patient Guidelines
Before Treatment Instructions/Information
- DO inform your Laser Technician of all medications you are taking. Certain medications can cause photosensitivity, which can lead to burns.
- STOP using skin care products with Retinol or alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) at least two weeks prior to treatment.
- DO NOT tan or use self-tanning products for 6 weeks prior to treatment. This includes tanning from the natural sun, tanning beds, spray tans, or other topical self-tanning products. Laser treatments on tanned skin care result in long-term pigment issues.
- DO NOT pluck, wax, or bleach your hair for 6 weeks prior to your appointment. Removing hair by the root will decrease the effectiveness of your laser treatment.
- DO shave within 8 hours of your laser hair removal treatment.
- DO NOT wear any lotions, deodorants, makeup, or other products in the treatment area when you arrive to appointment. Skin should be clean and free of product when you arrive.
Post Treatment Instructions/Information
- DO schedule and attend all recommended follow-up or maintenance treatments as directed by your Laser Technician.
- DO wear a high-quality sunscreen daily to protect the skin from UV exposure, which can irritate the treated skin and compromise the hair removal process.
- DO NOT tan or use tanning beds between treatment sessions. Sunless tanning products and spray tans are okay between appointments so long as they are discontinued 2 weeks prior to your next treatment.
- DO NOT pluck, tweeze, wax, or bleach your hair between appointments.
- DO continue to shave between treatments.
- DO gently exfoliate the treated skin 2-3 times per week using a loofah or washcloth to minimize the risk of developing ingrown hairs. Your Laser Technician may also recommend use of our Micro-Exfoliating Scrub or Rice Flower Polish to improve results.
After treatment, if you have any questions, concerns or experience any problems, please call our office at (309) 693- 9600.