Losing weight can be a struggle. Busy lives, packed schedules, and the everyday grind can take us off the path of focusing on our health and weight. Commitment to exercising and eating healthy takes time and determination. And, if results are slow to show, our conviction may fail.
Medical Weight Loss Programs at Senara are designed to keep you on track and get results— fast*. Whether you have 100 pounds to lose or those last stubborn 10 pounds to shed, our medical weight loss services will help you achieve your goals.*
What is Medical Weight Loss?
Diagnosis and treatment of weight-related health issues, including obesity or above average BMI (body mass index), is a medical subspecialty known as Bariatric Medicine. That is, healthcare practitioners who focus on helping individuals safely lose weight while managing any other related health issues. Certain medical conditions can be a direct result of excess weight, or can even hinder weight loss. Medical weight loss programs at Senara utilize a full spectrum of proven tools and allopathic health measures to achieve a whole-body transformation*.
What to Expect
Medical weight loss is a finely tuned approach to increasing metabolic function, balancing hormones, and reducing calorie intake. Each individual begins their medical weight loss journey with a complete health assessment. This includes labs and physical exams to establish a baseline and determine appropriate treatment options. After the initial visit, one of Senara’s doctors will tailor a medical weight loss plan specifically for the individual and their body’s needs. Follow-up consultations, coaching, and wellness programs are scheduled accordingly.
Weight Loss Programs and Tools
Senara offers a wide range of medical weight loss tools and programs. Each technique is designed to address a specific part of the weight loss process to improve results*. A combination of these can be tailored to your unique weight loss goals or as a complete package with our Comprehensive Program. Explore Senara’s medical weight loss programs by clicking the links below.
- Program Options
- Weight Loss Tools
- Getting Started
- First Time Patients
Senara’s functional medicine center provides copies of our intake form(s) online for our new medical weight loss center guests. Available as downloadable PDFs, you may fill out your intake form at your convenience before your first visit with us.
If you have not scheduled your initial appointment yet, please call 309.693.9600 prior to filling out the form.
Medical Weight Loss Printable Forms
To download and print your intake form, please follow these steps:
- If Adobe Reader® is not yet installed on your computer, download it first.
- Using Adobe Reader, you can download forms, print them out and fill in the required information.
- Forms you can download include:
Medical Forms & Records
Medical weight loss guests may submit their Medical History Form at the time of their initial appointment. Additionally, guests seeking medical weight loss care do not need to provide prior medical records, though may bring them to their initial appointment if deemed necessary.
If you have medical records that are pertinent to your initial visit or follow-up visits, you are responsible for obtaining them prior to that appointment. Your medical records can only be authorized for release by you. Please contact your physician or healthcare provider to order these records.
All medical forms and records should be submitted to us via one of the following options:
- Fax: 309.693.3616
- Mail: Attn: Dr Keith Kramer, 2208 W Willow Knolls Rd, Peoria, IL 61614
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop off to the front desk staff at Senara
Set the stage for success! We want you to meet your weight loss goals, and that takes careful planning. Before beginning your medical weight loss program, we recommend you take some time to prep.
- Clean out your fridge, freezer, and cabinets of unhealthy foods.
- Ask household members if they will participate in your new eating habits with you, or request that they keep temptation foods for them hidden away from you.
- Tell your friends and family about your goal and ask for their support. Identify “team members” that can keep you accountable and cheer you on.
- Find an exercise that you love and commit to doing it. Renew your gym membership, or find a new one. You can even subscribe to fitness channels and website through your TV or online programs.
- Invest in a fitness tracking device and heart rate monitor. Choose a high-end option or a simple pedometer, either works.
- Start a journal. We always recommend that you track your progress daily. Writing down your food and water intake, or simply jotting down how your day went, is a great way to stay focused on your goal. Whether you prefer pen and paper, an app, or a blog, journaling keeps you on track!
Your Initial Weight Loss Consultations
Getting started with a medical weight loss program begins with gathering a lot of information. Once all of your information has been compiled, your personalized medical weight loss plan can be prescribed. Because of this, your initial medical weight loss visits will be done in two (or more) parts.
Your First Senara Weight Loss Consultation
During your first appointment at Senara’s Weight Loss Center, you will consult with a staff physician and our Health Coach. We will perform a series of assessments, labs, and a complete medical history. These findings will help us better understand your weight-related health risks. Information gathered will also help us track your progress through your custom weight loss program.
We will perform the following tests and measures during this visit:
- Meet with one of our doctors for assessment and complete medical exam
- Review personal health, family health, and diet histories
- Conduct a digital weight and body composition analysis
- Calculate your BMI and take your body measurements
- Take a blood sample to determine your overall health and physiological function
- Labs test for basic health markers like blood cholesterol, sugar levels, thyroid, kidney, and liver function
- Perform an EKG to monitor heart health
- Take a “before” photo to document your starting point in the program
- Schedule a follow-up appointment to review lab and test results
This visit will take approximately 1 hour to complete and we request that all paperwork be completed ahead of time. Please do not eat or drink anything (other than plenty of water!) after 10 p.m. on the evening prior to your lab work, or at least 4 hours prior to afternoon appointments. However, do continue to take prescription medications as indicated. Also, please avoid wearing any body lotion on the day of your first visit or the EKG will be very difficult to perform.
Presentation of Your Weight Loss Treatment Plan
Following your initial medical weight loss consultation, you will have a follow-up appointment to go over your detailed, personalized weight loss plan. Based on the information gathered during your first visit, we will customize a plan to meet your weight loss goals and address any applicable health conditions affecting your weight.
What to Expect at Your 2nd Consultation
- We will review your health and diet history
- We will discuss the results of your physical exams, lab draws, and EKG
- We will present you with your program recommendations and go over them in detail with you
- You will be given your protein shakes, supplements, and program materials to get started.
- You will receive a prescription for weight-loss medications, if recommended by our physician
- You will schedule all follow-up appointments, coaching sessions, classes, labs, etc.
- You will participate in a 30-minute one-on-one health coaching session
Your first two visits and any subsequent health coaching sessions are meant to be performed in environments with minimal distractions. As such, we cannot allow children to be present for these visits. Only patients and their legal guardians/significant others are permitted during these appointments. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is for educational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any disease. These products and services are intended to support, not replace, your current medical care. Individual results may vary.