One thing we know for sure, eating gluten-free and dairy-free does not mean you can’t enjoy a sweet treat every now and then! These gluten-free dairy-free chocolate chip scones are just the thing on a cold winters day, and they pair perfectly with your morning cup of coffee or tea. And they are ready to eat in less than 30 minutes!
Dr. Kramer’s Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Scones
1 1/4 C almond flour
2 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
3 Tbsp Melted Coconut Oil
1 Egg Whisked
1/4 C Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl mix together almond flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, and sea salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg until smooth. Add the coconut oil to the egg and whisk until combined.
- Add the coconut oil and whisked egg to the flour mixture and stir together until the dough just comes together.
- Add the chocolate chips to the bowl and use your hands to gently turn the dough a bit, picking up any remaining loose flour in the bottom of the bowl while incorporating the chips. Do not overmix.
- Place the dough onto the parchment lined baking sheet and gently press it in to a circle, about 1 inch thick. Optional: dough can be placed in the freezer for 15 minutes to firm the dough prior to baking.
- Cook at 350 for 15 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Let cool for 15-30 minutes on a wire rack, then cut into 5 servings and serve.