When you open the doors to Senara, you enter a place in time created uniquely for you, a place for an unrivaled lifestyle experience. We designed our wellness center with a Tuscan feel that’s open, airy and inviting.
Inside, you’ll find an attention to detail in every square foot of Senara’s 12,000-square-foot interior that includes our 7,000-square-foot Senara Spa. From the environmentally-friendly interior materials we’ve selected to the artwork by local artists, you’ll see throughout the building, it’s all designed to make you, our guests, feel completely comfortable and at home. You will always be a welcome member of the Senara community.
Committed to Green
You will be proud to be associated with Senara, not only because of our commitment to your health and wellness, but also our devotion to ensuring the environmental health and wellness of our local community and the world. We also encourage all members of the Senara community to constantly be on the lookout, especially at your home, to see how you can make our world greener, too. It’s good for our wellness center to be green, but it’s great for our homes to be too. Take a look at these tips for starters.
And, yes, we “walk the talk” with you. Click here for a look at some of the green features of Senara, and that’s only for the building. We keep the same strong commitment to living and working green with everything from our environmentally safer cleaning products and ongoing recycling efforts to the organic, natural beauty products we use in our services and that we sell, along with the recycled paper merchandise bags we put them
Green Building Features
The architects did a fantastic job of incorporating the green and environmentally friendly building practices we wanted in our wellness center. And we wanted them all. Right down to a system for automatically capturing and recycling rain water to keep the grass growing and green.
To give you an idea of how the building’s design embodies the Senara Experience, including our commitment to protecting the environment, here’s the short list of Senara’s green features that help conserve energy and natural resources:
- Energy efficient windows positioned to take advantage of natural day lighting
- Local stone and other regional, natural materials (less transport)
- High energy efficiency wall system design, with 80 percent of lower level below grade
- Fountain water recycles endlessly
- Sustainable interior materials throughout
- Carpet tiles of 50 percent recycled content backing and face yarn
- Natural cork and bamboo flooring
- Spa’s glass accents made from recycled glass
- Low air pollution Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) paints
HVAC System and Plumbing
- Variable Air Volume (VAV) air conditioning system consumes less energy
- Air conditioners use non-ozone-depleting refrigerant (R410A)
- VAV terminal units with hot water reheat
- High efficiency gas fired (condensing type) boilers
- High efficiency lavatories, with dual flush design need less water
- Low flow showers require less water
- High efficiency hot water heaters
- Downlights throughout the spa use low energy 2.5 watt LED lamps
- Spa lighting controls have four to six zones so only the zones in use are lit
- Accent cove uses an LED rope light that emits just 1.1 watt per lineal foot
- Proximity sensors automatically turn lights off in unoccupied rooms
- All fluorescent lighting uses high efficiency ballast and low mercury lamps
- Exterior site lighting is zoned to turn off all but two security night lights