The warmer weather means we get to spend more time in the sun and prepping our skin for summer.
But it’s also hard to know how to develop a spring skin care routine, and what you should prioritize. That’s where Senara Health and Healing Center & Spa in Peoria comes in! Your skin needs a lot of support and love to keep it healthy and strong, ranging from body wraps and scrubs to facial rejuvenation treatments, massage therapy, and other spa services. Request an appointment and get your spring off to a fresh start with our Senara team!
Spring Skin Care
Did you know that your skin is the largest organ in the body? So you want to make sure you take care of your skin every day so it’s soft, glowing, and beautiful!
During the winter, exfoliating your face can leave your skin looking dry and irritated. But now that warmer weather is getting closer, you can start using your exfoliator to refresh and brighten your skin. (Our go-to product: Environ Hydrating Clay Masque.) Exfoliating scrubs can help unclog pores and reduce the appearance of impurities.
If you notice that your typical exfoliator isn’t leaving you with the glowing skin you want, take it one step further with a HydraFacial at Senara. HydrafFacials have the power to remove dead skin cells while also infusing your skin with serums that help hydrate, cleanse, and moisturize your skin. They also address any skin care need — ranging from acne and blemishes, to brown spots to uneven tone, enlarged pores, fine lines, and wrinkles — giving your skin the perfect boost for spring!
No matter how much time you spend taking care of your skin, it won’t matter if you don’t protect it from the sunlight. Suntanning or other outdoor activities where you’re exposing your skin to direct sunlight cause your skin to produce more melanin, leaving you with the dark, tan skin many envy. However, wearing sunscreen is essential, no matter the color of your skin. If you don’t have much melanin in your skin or if you overexpose your skin, you can cause a sunburn that kills and damages your skin cells.
Use an SPF 30 or higher to protect your skin. But if you’ve already experienced damage to your skin — like sun or age spots — there are different facial rejuvenation treatments that can help repair and restore the health of your skin, including our:
As you’re moisturizing your skin this spring, make sure you’re giving your skin the anti-wrinkle treatment it needs. Whether you already have fine lines and wrinkles or want to give your skin support now, anti-wrinkle creams help hydrate your skin. If you notice more fine lines and wrinkles around your face this spring, it might be time to invest in our medical spa services:
- BOTOX® Cosmetic: BOTOX® targets the wrinkles and crow’s feet lines that form around your brows.
- JUVÉDERM® Fillers: With JUVÉDERM®, you can reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines around your cheeks and lips.
- Utlherapy Skin Tightening: Ultherapy uses tried-and-true ultrasound to stimulate the production of collagen deep within your skin, in a completely non-invasive way. It’s the only non-invasive FDA-cleared procedure that lifts and tightens your neck, chin, and brow, and improves fine lines and wrinkles on the chest.
Plan Your Senara Spa Experience
No spring is complete without a trip to the spa — so make sure Senara is part of your spring skin care routine!
- Laser Hair Removal: Winter makes it easier to hide your legs — and those unshaved legs. As you’re adding spring and summer clothes to your wardrobe, tackle that unwanted hair for good with Laser Hair Removal services from Senara.
- Nutritional Supplements: When your body is not getting the right amount of specific nutrients, you can start to experience health problems that affect the function of your body, or even the appearance of your skin. Senara is here to offer you nutritional supplements and detoxification support.
- Massage Therapy: While massage therapy got us through those colder, winter months, it can also help loosen up your muscles, relieve pain, and restore flexibility. But we also never need an excuse to treat ourselves to a relaxing massage therapy appointment!
If you can’t (or don’t want to) choose, we also have different spa packages available to fully indulge yourself in head-to-toe TLC!
Book Your Skin Care Treatments and More at Senara
Don’t tackle your spring skin care routine alone — request an appointment and let Senara help you feel confident and rejuvenated!
Learn more about our different services on our blog: