Valentine’s Day — and the entire month of February — is a time to remind the important people in your life just how much they mean to you. Some couples share that sentiment with a romantic dinner out or a bouquet of nice flowers. But there are other ways to express that love and romance that will have lasting effects on both your relationship and your physical and mental health.
At Senara Health and Healing Center & Spa in Peoria, we show our love and appreciation through massage therapy and other day spa specialities. Everyone deserves a day being pampered at the spa — even though we think you don’t need an excuse to pamper yourself a little bit. Book a massage therapy appointment or order a gift card from our team in time for Valentine’s Day and enjoy the therapeutic benefits of massage therapy for you and your partner.
The Power of Relaxation
Massage therapy isn’t just an excuse to leave the kids at home and catch up on some much needed relaxation and alone time. The relaxation that comes from a trip to the day spa is actually very beneficial for your overall health — and can further enhance the romance and intimacy of Valentine’s Day.
While you’re at your massage appointment, you can relax your muscles and use that massage experience to help target certain areas where you have chronic pain or stiffness. Once you leave your appointment, you’ll still notice the therapeutic impact of that massage as you go about your normal routines:
- When your body takes time to relax, your body is able to unwind and de-stress, helping with high stress levels.
- In addition to decreasing the stress you hold in your body, the relaxation that comes from massage releases endorphins in your body that can help you feel energized and happy, alleviating symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- Loosening your muscles and tendons increases blood circulation throughout your body, helping with any fatigue or pain you experience on a day-to-day basis.
- Stimulating the tissues in your body through massage therapy releases unwanted toxins that can build up in your body.
- When you go home relaxed, you’ll find it easier to fall asleep at night and wake up feeling more rested and relaxed.
We know that finding time to relax and focus on “you time” doesn’t always feel like a priority. But with Valentine’s Day approaching, your loved one deserves the powerful therapeutic benefits of massage.
Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas
Massage for Her
It’s no surprise that your body holds a lot of physical and emotional stress. But Valentine’s Day gives you the perfect excuse to help the women in your life slow down and unwind — especially after the rush of the holidays and new year.
Our therapeutic massages are designed to help target areas of tension and pain, not only pampering women like they should be, but also making their overall health a priority. At Senara, we offer different types of massages that follow different massage therapy techniques and target key areas:
- Swedish Massage: This type of massage focuses on unwinding and destressing, using a light to medium pressure and a flowing rhythm of the therapists hands. She’ll feel a deep sense of relaxation and rejuvenation.
- Prenatal: This massage is made to give expectant mothers the appreciation and comfort they deserve. We also use a massage bed designed for that “baby belly.”
- Neuromuscular Therapy/Myofascial Release: This therapeutic massage is aimed at improving flexibility, muscle imbalance, and posture through trigger points, deep tissue massage, and stretches. It can often be prescribed as part of a chiropractic treatment plan.
- Mermaid Wave: This massage uses Hawaiian lomi lomi massage that is known for long, flowing strokes that give the sensation of floating at sea. It will help her body relax and unwind.
- Hot Ocean Stones: This massage therapy uses warmed stones as an extension of the therapists hands to help target areas of stress and muscle tension. There is nothing quite like it.
- Anti-Stress Aromatherapy: Using essential oils, this aromatherapy massage combines a Swedish massage with acupressure and lymphatic massage techniques, helping the body eliminate unwanted toxins and find the support it needs to balance the entire body.
Massage for Him
Give the man in your life something they won’t expect: a day at the spa. The same therapeutic benefits that we’ve already talked about also apply to him. At Senara, we have different men’s spa services that help target common areas of tension and stress for men:
- Muscle Mender Massage: This uses a Swedish style massage combined with a peppermint infused oil to help mend and relax sore and stiff muscles to better improve his mobility and release any stress.
- Deep Tissue: Deep tissue massage therapy works to target pain and stiffness, giving her muscles deep relief. Ideal for someone who wants a firm pressure or is an active athlete.
- Tritan Facial for Men: This facial is meant to invigorate and cleanse the skin on his face using essential oils and a grapefruit and frankincense serum.
While it feels great to surprise your partner with a massage this Valentine’s Day, don’t forget about yourself! Whether you schedule your massage on Valentine’s Day or not, you’ll get an intimate experience with your significant other. You can choose any of our traditional massages which include:
- Deep Tissue
- Hot Stone
- Mermaid Wave
- Anti-Stress Aromatherapy
- Muscle Mender
Our traditional couple’s massage will leave you and your significant other with long-lasting benefits that will make your Valentine’s Day a memorable experience.
We’ve already talked about the different benefits that relaxation and massage therapy can have for your overall well being. But those benefits also extend across other spa services.
Whether you’re going as a couple or surprising your significant other with a Valentine’s Day gift, our spa packages couple together different relaxing therapies — like facials, massages, manis & pedis, and scrubs — to help detoxify and further relax your entire body.
At Senara, we offer a wide range of spa packages that are perfect for Valentine’s Day, including:
- Senara Signature Package: Get rejuvenation from your head to toe with an 80-minute mermaid wave massage, Senara signature facial, and Senara signature pedicure.
- Mini-Escape Package: Make her (or him) feel like they just went on a mini vacation with this express detox scrub, 50-minute Swedish massage, and express facial.
- Trewella Senara Romance Package for Two: Perfect for an intimate Valentine’s Day experience, this package includes an 80-minute Swedish couple’s massage and side-by-side signature pedicure.
Make Valentine’s Day Special With Massage Therapy at Senara
While a store bought Valentine’s Day present coupled with fresh flowers and candy can make a thoughtful gift, there are other ways to give that special someone a truly meaningful token of your affection, such as a massage therapy experience. Book a massage therapy session now at Senara Health and Healing Center & Spa in Peoria or order a Senara gift card to give a relaxing experience to someone special.
If you’re searching for other day and medical spa solutions, you can read through our blog to learn more about the Senara experience: